France’s number one-selling sea salt brand, La Baleine has just launched in the UK market via Tesco and Ocado.
Mixing ancient practices with breathtaking natural beauty, the brand’s salt marshes is located in the Camargue region of France – set between Montpellier and Marseille, along France’s sun-kissed Mediterranean coastline.
What makes La Baleine salt so unique is the fact that their process has not changed since Roman times. The production is achieved with a natural crystallisation process caused by the action of the sun, the wind and the sea, which gives its distinctive flavour.
· Fine Salt Shaker – from £1.10
· Coarse Salt Shaker – from £1.10
· Boxed Coarse Salt – from £1.69
· Sea Salt Grinder – from £2.99
Experiment with La Baleine’s sea salt to enhance your spring dishes, why not try this delicious Sea Bream in Salt Crust recipe, perfect for a Sunday lunch with family and friends.Buy at Tesco or Ocado
1 sea bream of about 1 kg
2 pounds of La Baleine coarse salt
1) Draw the bream without opening it (via the gills). Insert the thyme, bay leaf, garlic and fennel via the fish’s mouth.
2) Spread a layer of coarse salt approximately 1cm deep in a dish the size of the fish, place the fish on it and cover with the rest of the salt. Moisten with water
3) Put the dish in the oven at 200 °C for 20 minutes. Serve with rice