Peter Ilic, owner of the Little Bay restaurant group, will not present a single food bill to diners at his Farringdon Road restaurant during February.
‘It’s entirely up to each customer whether they give £100 or a penny. All I’m asking is they pay me what they think the food and service is worth,” said Peter, who has run restaurants in London for more than 26 years.
Little Bay is renowned for serving fresh, hearty meals at incredibly good prices in its trademark opulent surroundings. The February menu at Little Bay Farringdon includes ingredients which wouldn’t be out of place at Michelin starred establishments including foie gras, smoked salmon, caviar and fillet steak. Customers will also be treated to Little Bay’s famous live opera.
Peter said: ‘It just seemed the right thing to do with everyone under the cosh and feeling pretty miserable. We have seen so many more City folk coming into the restaurant lately, looking for a better value lunch. We’re well known for serving great food at very competitive prices and this is the ultimate value for money meal.”
‘Pay what you think it’s worth” will be available for the whole of February at Little Bay Farringdon. While drinks are not included in the offer, tap water will be freely available. To reserve a table, customers should call 0207 278 1234. Little Bay Farringdon is located at 171 Farringdon Road, EC1R 3AL.
There are four Little Bay restaurants throughout London: Belsize Road, Kilburn NW6; York Road, Battersea SW11; Selsdon Road, Croydon, CR2; and Farringdon Road EC1.
Little Bay Farringdon sample menu
- Moules Mariniere-Steamed Moules with Shallots, Parsley, White Wine and Cream
- Garlic Mushrooms-Red Pepper and Houmous Relish
- Smoked Haddock Brandade-Leek and Potato soup with Caviar
- Crab Tartlet-Saffron Cream Dressing and Mixed Leaf Salad
- Oriental Duck Salad-Rice Noodles and Thai Dressing
- Pressed Foie Gras Terrine-Brioche and Fig Compote
- Goat Cheese Soufflé-Mixed Leaf Salad and Walnuts
- Cream Tagliatelle-Smoked Chicken and Mange Tout
- Seafood Pancake-Mornay Sauce
- Double Muffin-Smoked Salmon, Sour Cream and Danish Caviar
- 100% Aberdeen Angus Scotch Beef Burger
- Classic-Lettuce, Tomato, Mayo and Relish
- Smoked Cheese-Lettuce, Tomato, Mayo and Relish
- Spicy Peppers and Houmous-Lettuce, Tomato, Avocado, Mayo and Relish
- Foie Gras-Lettuce, Tomato, Mayo and Relish
- Whole Boned Poussin-Paprika Potatoes, Lentils and Peppercorn Sauce
- Grilled Fillet Steak-Gratin Potatoes, Spinach and Mushroom Sauce
- Breast of Duck-Sweet Potato, Creamed Leeks and Duck en Croute
- Braised Pork Chop-Bean Sprouts and Savoy Cabbage
- Paupiette of Salmon-Avocado and Tomato Salsa, Tomato Butter
- Grilled Vegetable Tian-Organic Aduki Beans
- Steamed Butter Fish-Mixed Mushrooms, Spinach and Cep Veloute
- Green Vegetables
- Home Cut Chips Fried in Goose Fat
- Buttered New Potatoes
- Mixed Leaf Salad
- Apple Cake-Custard and Vanilla Ice Cream
- Chocolate Bavaroise-Passion Fruit Cream and Almond Biscuit
- Pistachio Crème Brûlée -Strawberry Ice Cream
- Profiteroles-Banana Cream and Chocolate Sauce
- Selection of Cheese & Biscuits