Lorne Restaurant is launching in mid February 2017 in Victoria’s Wilton Road. Lorne is the first restaurant from sommelier Katie Exton (River Cafe, Chez Bruce, The Square) and chef Peter Hall (Brawn, Benu, The Square).
A collaboration between front-of-house and kitchen, Lorne Restaurant’s co-founders’s aim is to share their love of restaurants and create a fun, convivial space where food and wine sit as equals.
The menu at Lorne will be Modern British, with a big focus on seasonality and produce and with flavour at the core of every dish. Close relationships with like-minded and trusted suppliers such as HG Walters Butchers and Androuet cheese-mongers will play an important part.
The wine list at Lorne will be concise and regularly changing. Driven by the motivation to make fine wine more approachable in restaurants, it will focus on offering wines from all over the world at reasonable prices. Provenance and attention to detail will run through every part of Lorne. They will have a seasonally changing cocktail list and London brewed bottled beers, as well as Monmouth Coffee and teas from Rare Tea Company.
Lorne Restaurant will be a true representation of Katie and Peter’s professional journeys and personal experiences, while the pair’s innate sense of hospitality will be reflected in Lorne’s warm and guest-centred approach to dining.
Lorne Restaurant76 Wilton RoadLondonSW1V IDE
Examples from the menu include:
- Mackerel, Pickled Cucumber, Ratte Potatoes, Nasturtium – £11
- Quail, Butternut Squash, Barley, Mountain Yam – £12
- Warm Salad, Celeriac, Chervil Root, Beetroot, Candied Sunflower Seeds – £10
- Brill, Sourdough, Baby Gem, Sea Vegetables, Dashi – £24
- Short Rib Beef, Onion, Pears, Cavolo Nero – £22
- Yorkshire Curd Tart, Builders Tea Ice Cream – £9
- Chocolate CrÃƒÂ©meux, Salted Caramel, Peanuts – £9
- Poached Rhubarb, Vanilla Custard, Pistachio, Ginger Snaps – £9