Pomora is a new service that ensures you’ll always have access to some of the finest Italian olive oil you’ll ever taste. Adopt an olive tree with Pomora and you’ll receive quarterly deliveries of three 250ml tins of premium extra virgin olive oil from your tree, while knowing you’re also supporting hard-working olive growers. Adopting an olive tree through Pomora also makes the perfect original gift for food lovers.
Pomora works with two growers Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Carmelo from Sicily and Antonio from Campania Ã¢â‚¬â€œ and can even help to arrange a trip to visit your grower! Both their families have been producing top-class olive oil for generations and both Carmelo and Antonio are gold medalists at the New York International Olive Oil Competition.
Alun Johns, Co-founder of Pomora says: Ã¢â‚¬Å“We set up Pomora because we were fed-up with the poor quality olive oil on offer in our supermarkets. We wanted to create a way for people to discover how vibrant and exciting top quality olive oil can be, that would also generate a relationship between the consumer and the grower. The adoption process helps our customers appreciate and understand the work that goes into producing the finest olive oil.Ã¢â‚¬Â
When Alun and his co-founder Paul McGuigan tasted proper olive oil for the first time it was a revelation. Most of the really high quality, traditional oils only travel about 30 miles from where they are made so are really hard to find in the UK. Coupled with this, it’s an industry with a familiar story in that the large wholesalers continually squeeze the smaller producers on price. In Alun’s words Ã¢â‚¬Å“As well as bringing great olive oil to the UK, we wanted to design the business to help support the small, independent growers who produce these great oils.Ã¢â‚¬Å“
By adopting an olive tree through Pomora, you can rest easy in the knowledge that you are supporting artisan growers who use traditional farming methods, which respect and protect mother earth. With Pomora, doing good tastes good!
Deliveries: Each quarterly delivery of Pomora includes three 250ml tins of premium olive oil:
- Shipment 1: Olio Nuovo – The youngest, freshest olive oil, it’s bottled directly after harvest, olio nuovo is unfiltered, has a vibrant green colour, a distinct fresh flavour and a pizzicante finish.
- Shipment 2: Three flavoured oils – Lemon, Chilli, and Rosemary – Flavoured with locally-sourced ingredients by the olive producers, these are made with a milder extra virgin olive oil, which allows the flavours to shine through.
- Shipment 3: Extra Virgin Olive Oil – Complex flavours intertwine and marry with a healthy finishing kick to produce a great base for vinaigrettes, focaccia or simply as a dip.
- Shipment 4: Three flavoured oils – Basil, Garlic and White truffle
- Adoption: £58 up-front, which covers the minimum period of two quarters and then £29 per quarter from the third quarter onwards. You can cancel any time.
- Fostering: If you’d rather not set up a rolling subscription, Pomora also offers a Fostering option. Fostering can be for one to four deliveries (1 Quarter = £39; 2 Quarters = £75; 3 Quarters = £105; 4 Quarters = £135)