There are now three new tipples in the Rock Rose Gin collection, with the addition of a Navy Strength and the arrival of new Seasonal Editions in time for World Gin Day on June 11.
Each is handcrafted in the wilderness of North Scotland, at the UK’s most northerly mainland distillery, and features local botanicals that are foraged from the cliffs and forests to create an exceptional flavour profile. The gins are hand-Ã¢â‚¬Âdistilled by husband and wife team, Martin and Claire Murray, and come complete in rather wonderful ceramic bottles.
Rock Rose Gin: ock Rose Gin is flavourful and fresh, zesty but berryful thanks to a carefully selected collection of local and traditional botanicals, each one chosen to create the perfect taste. In fact, its name comes from one of these botanicals, the Rhodiola rosea (a rose in the rocks), which was discovered on the distillery’s first botanical forage along the Caithness cliffs and which adds a delicate floral note to the gin.
Rock Rose Gin Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Navy Strength:
Hello sailor. The newer’Navy Strength’ Rock Rose Gin is the perfect choice for cocktail lovers and gin collectors. With an ABV of 57%, the unique Rock Rose Gin taste shines through in cocktails and it features a navy grey print on the ceramic bottle.
Rose Rose Gin Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Distillers Editions
Not only will the Spring Distillers Edition be available come World Gin Day, the new Summer Rock Rose Gin will also be unveiled, with both featuring seasonal botanicals from the distillery’s very own garden and the local area. For the Spring gin expect a crisp, fresh flavour and a long, smooth finish, whilst the Summer offering will be a refreshing gin, with soft citrus notes making it perfect for those long sunny days!
- Rock Rose Gin is available from www.dunnetbaydistillers.co.uk and selected retailers, with full details on the website
- Rock Rose Gin RRP £34
- Rock Rose Gin Navy Strength RRP £40
Why not raise a toast to World Gin Day with one of these Rock Rose Gin cocktails:
With National Martini Day also in June (19th) make it a double celebration and try out this delicious martini recipe:
- 60ml Rock Rose Gin
- 12.5ml Cocchi Americano (or your preferred dry vermouth)
- 3 dashes Devils Club Blood Orange bitters
- Add all ingredients into a mixing glass then add ice
- Stir to chill and dilute, then strain into a chilled cocktail glass
- Garnish with lemon twist & rosemary Ã¢â‚¬â€œ feel free to use olives/onions
Fleur de Belle
- 37.5ml Rock Rose Gin
- 15ml RinQuinQuin
- 15ml Cocchi Rosa
- Splash of Lagavulin whisky
- Add all ingredients (except Lagavulin) into a mixing glass then add ice.
- Stir to chill and dilute
- In a chilled cocktail glass, add a splash
of Lagavulin whisky and swirl to coat the glass
- Drain off the excess whisky then pour the chilled cocktail into the glass
- Garnish with a flamed orange zest & rosemary
- 50ml Rock Rose Gin
- 25ml lime
- 12.5ml mint syrup
- Add all ingredients into a cocktail shaker then add ice and shake until cold
- Strain into a chilled cocktail coupe, and then garnish with fresh mint
House Atlantic Punch
- 25ml Rock Rose Gin
- 15ml Maraschino
- 12.5ml Tio Pepe Sherry
- 12.5ml lime juice
The measurements here are for one person but can easily be increased and served in a bowl at parties
- Simply add the ingredients to a punch bowl (or rocks glass Ã¢â‚¬â€œ in the case of a single serving) and stir with ice to dilute
- Garnish with cherries