If you’re having your own party for the Royal Wedding, here are a few things to get you started.
- Brace yourself for the latest Heston from Waitrose product – a Royal Trifle. The creation is a combination of trifle and Eton Mess and is big enough to feed ten people. Priced at £13.99, it will be available in Waitrose from the 20th of April.
- Chocolatiers Prestat have created a box of truffles to fly the British flag. The box contains five different flavours that are designed to echo the fun (pink Marc de Champagne), excitement (sea salt caramel), history (oranges and lemons), grandeur (hazelnut pralines) and romance (passion fruit) of the occasion. The special box, priced at £15, is available from the Prestat boutique at 14 Princes Arcade, Piccadilly, London SW1Y 6DS and online at www.prestat.co.uk.
- There’s probably nothing more British than a simple pie. Pieminister have created a Kate & Wills commemorative pie just for the Royal Wedding. Made with British beef, wine, bacon, pearl onions, mushrooms and a dash of brandy, the pie is available exclusively from Sainsbury’s for £3.25 each.
- Cox Cookies and Cake, the Soho boutique by shoe designer Patrick Cox and cake boy Eric Lanlard, have created a range of cakes just for the occasion. They are available in store from 25th of April and will feature five cakes with a British theme. Available are the Crown Cake, the Queen Cake, the Bulldog Cake, the Brits Kiss Cake and the Brit Flag Cake. Prices start from £2.50. Visit www.coxcookiesandcake.com for more information.
- To mark the Royal Wedding, Country Life has launched a Great British Butter with a Union Jack packaging. It will be on sale for the month of April only. The butter is made exclusively with milk from British dairy farms and is available at all good supermarkets.
- Quality Street have launched a commemorative tin for the Royal Wedding, which is available exclusively at ASDA for £7. The tin will contain all the classics but will feature an image of the couple on the front. Visit www.asda.com to find your nearest ASDA.
- Champagne Pommery has created a very British looking POP UK bottle, the latest addition to their POP champagne range. The single serving (20cl) bottles are priced at £12.50 each, and feature the Union Jack as the packaging. It’s designed to be drunk from the bottle either as it is or through a straw. The UK bottle will be available from Harvey Nichols or online at www.justerinis.com.
- Chapel Down, the largest producer of English wines, have released a new sparkling wine called ‘The Union” to mark the occasion. It’s a special blend of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay grapes. There are only 2011 bottles available, priced at £24.99 each. It is available from their website www.englishwinesgroup.com or directly from the winery by calling 01580 763033.
- If you fancied holding an afternoon tea at home, Twinnings have just the thing. They have created a Royal Wedding Commemorative blend of White Earl Grey tea. Presented in a special box, the blend is available at Waitrose nationwide and online at www.twinings.co.uk/shop for £4.99
- Mills & Boon, the romance novel publisher, have teamed up with tea specialists Yumchaa to create a loose tea leaf blend called Mills & Boon Royal Tea to pair with their special commemorative mugs. The blend contains ingredients such as black Kenyan tea, blackberries, blue cornflowers, silver candy balls and red candy hearts. The tea and mug is priced at £7 and £5.99 respectively and are available from www.millsandboon.co.uk and www.yumchaa.co.uk.