During the holidays, family and friends often make surprise visits, landing on your doorstep with arms full of presents. You might have all the ingredients for your big holiday meals ready, but what do you serve those unexpected guests? Loseley Natural foods has some suggestions for keeping your refrigerator stocked with a few supplies that will make it easier to get snacks ready in a hurry.
• To make a luxurious guacamole put a pinch of ground chilli, a clove of garlic, the flesh of a tomato and a ripe avocado, and a tub of Loseley Natural Cottage Cheese into a blender and give all the ingredients a good whiz. Just add salt and pepper to taste and serve with bread sticks or crudities.
• Flake a tin of tuna into a tub of Loseley Natural Cottage Cheese, stir in a good spoonful of Dijon mustard or mayonnaise and spread onto crackers or crispbread for a tangy bite.
• Toast split bagels and top with Loseley English Farmhouse Cheddar & Onion Cottage Cheese
• Or go for a Mediterranean feel with Loseley Olive, Basil and Sundried Tomato Cottage Cheese piled high on ciabatta.
• For a more formal meal make a fabulous starter by halving perfectly ripe William pears, removing the cores, and filling up with fruity Loseley William Pear Cottage Cheese.
Hard sticks of butter can also be a pain when you’re in a hurry. Loseley Summer Meadow Naturally Spreadable Butter will make it easier to add butter to your appetizers or spread on your turkey for crispy golden skin.
Loseley Cottage Cheese comes in foil-sealed 200g tubs and costs from £0.89 to £1.29p. Naturally Softer Butter is available in a 250g tub. It costs £1.29p. Available from the chilled cabinet of local independent grocers, Tesco, Sainsburys, Morrisons and Waitrose.
Or visit www.loseley.com for more recipe ideas and product information.