Aimee Twigger created this dish for Denby Pottery, and it’s perfect for sharing with friends.
For more information on The Art of Entertaining with Denby, including inspirational tips, recipes and stylish tableware inspiration,visit www.denby.co.uk/artofentertaining
- 1.5 lt of vegetable stock
- 2 cans of tomatoes
- 1 can of Bertolli beans
- 1 can of white cannellini beans
- 1 can chickpeas
- 3 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 butternut squash
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 2 tsp. Baharat
- 1/4 tsp. mild chilli powder
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Large pinch of saffron
- Hand full of flat leaf Parsley
- Salt/ pepper
- Olive oil
Preheat the oven for 180c (350f )
Peel and chop the squash, sweet potatoes. Toss in olive oil and spread on
a baking tray and bake for 25 minutes until tender.
- In a large casserole pot finely chop and fry the onion until soft then add the garlic. Next add the spices and tomato puree, add stock, chickpeas, beans, lentils, pearl barley and tinned tomatoes, then add sugar.
- Remove squash and sweet potatoes from the oven and add to the pot, place in a preheated oven for 45 minutes.
- Serve with a spoon full of yogurt.