Let it (cheese) snow! Yup Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Hix Restaurant’s Ronnie Murray has created just that, freezing and grating blue cheese to top off a canapÃƒÂ© that’ll go down a stormÃ¢â‚¬Â¦
Baked leek tart with Castello Jersey Blue
- 2 medium leeks
- 200g oyster mushrooms
- 100g Castello Jersey Blue, cut in half – one portion frozen overnight and the other at room temperature.
- 250ml double cream
- 1 egg yolk
- 12 shortcrust pastry cases or croustades
- Butter, for cooking
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Sweat the leeks in a pan with some butter until soft and silky, then add the mushrooms.
- When cooked, add a splash of double cream and melt chunks of the room-temperature cheese into the mixture until thick and glossy.
- Season with black pepper and leave to cool for 5 minutes.
- Add egg yolk to the mix and stir well.
- Spoon the warm mixture into the short crust pastry or croustades and bake for 5 minutes until the top just starts to colour.
- Finish with the’snow’ just before serving – take the frozen cheese and grate directly over the tart before serving immediately.