This butternut squash risotto is packed with flavour and perfect for lunchtimes. Arborio rice is cooked to creamy perfection with Knorr vegetable stock, white wine, herbs, onion and garlic before being topped with roasted butternut squash and grated parmesan cheese.
Recipe serves | 4 Preparation Time | 20 min Cooking Time | 40 min
1 butternut squash, peeled and chopped into 2cm cubes
3 tbsp olive oil
1/2 onion, finely chopped
1/2 celery stick, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot
1 bay leaf
1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
140g Arborio rice
70ml white wine
500ml boiling water
25g Flora Buttery
50g Parmesan, grated
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C, 160°C fan, Gas Mark 4.
2. Place butternut squash in a baking tray and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until tender. Set aside.
3. In a wide based pan, heat the remaining oil over medium heat. Add the onion and celery. Cook for 5 minutes, until vegetables have softened. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add the Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot, bay leaf, thyme and rice. Cook for 3 minutes, until the rice is coated well in the oil. Add the wine and stir until all of the liquid has absorbed into the rice.
5. Add 100ml of boiling water to the rice and stir continuously, until all the liquid has been absorbed. Repeat this process three or more times, until the rice is tender.
6. To finish, add the Flora Buttery and grated Parmesan. Fold in the roasted butternut squash.
TIP: Serve with extra Parmesan shavings and crispy prosciutto pieces.
KNORR – CARROT & CORIANDER SOUP
Try this quick and easy carrot and coriander soup recipe with onions, potatoes, carrots, garlic and vegetable stock all simmered gently with fragrant herbs. The perfect soup for a light lunch.
Recipe serves | 4 Preparation Time | 15 min Cooking Time | 40 min
2 tbsp Flora Buttery
1 tbsp vegetable oil
2 onions, chopped
5 large carrots, peeled and chopped
3 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tsp ground coriander
1 Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot
1 large floury potato, peeled and quartered
1 litre water
1 small bunch fresh coriander, chopped
¼ tsp ground black pepper
Juice of 1 lemon
1. Heat the Flora Buttery and oil in a large saucepan, over medium-high heat. Add the onion and carrot and cook for 10 minutes, until vegetables have softened and start to caramelise.
2. Add the garlic and coriander. Cook for 3 minutes, to soften the garlic and roast the coriander powder.
3. Add the Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot, potato and water. Bring to the boil, then turn down and simmer for 20 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
4. Add chopped fresh coriander and blend soup until smooth, adding a little more water if too thick. Season with lemon juice and black pepper.
TIP: Serve with extra coriander leaves and a swirl of cream.