Thought cheese was just for Italian dishes? Well think again. This North Indian recipe uses Paneer cheese to create a sweet and spicy curry. Try it and see how you like it.
Find out more about Paneer and Paneer recipes here
227g Clawson Paneer (cubed and fried until golden brown)
450g Muttar (fresh or frozen peas)
2 medium onions finely chopped
1 green chilli finely chopped or 1⁄2 teaspooon chilli powder
1 small piece fresh ginger finely chopped
1 clove garlic crushed
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon ground coriander
100g fresh/tinned tomatoes
1 teaspoon oil Freshly chopped coriander and parsley
Salt to taste
- Using a medium sized pan, fry the onions, garlic, chilli and ginger in the oil. Add all of the spices except the salt and cook for 1-2 mins.
- Add the tomatoes and salt to taste. Gradually add a little water to reduce the tomatoes to a puree, cook until the oil separates from the masala.
- Add the Muttar and the fried Paneer, stir well.
- Cover with up to 500ml of water and cook gently until the Muttar are cooked and the sauce has thickened.
- Garnish with the chopped herbs and serve with Pilau rice or Naan bread.