Best known for its classic French mustards and condiments, Maille is launching new Mustard with Horseradish
A combination of Maille’s smooth Dijon mustard blended with a kick of horseradish gives this condiment an intense and refined flavour. Incorporate it into your recipes by adding it to a salad dressing for a warming edge or rub it into your beef joint to enhance the flavour before cooking. It is the perfect accompaniment to Sunday lunch, an addition to a shepherd’s pie, a delicate kick to a Bloody Mary cocktail and is delicious when used in smoked fish dishes such as salmon or mackerel.
Maille Mustard with Horseradish is priced at £1.49 (205g) and is available exclusively at Waitrose and online at http://www.maille.co.uk/from April. In June it will also be available at Tesco and Ocado.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour depending on size
1 ½ kg (3 ½ lb) rib of beef, silverside or topside
2-3 tablespoon olive oil plus a little more
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2-3 large sprigs thyme, chopped
3 tablespoons Maille Horseradish Mustard
6 parsnips, peeled and halved
6 carrots, peeled and halved
1 beef stock cube
1 tablespoon plain flour
- Preheat the oven to 210°C, 190°C fan, Gas 7.
- Make a paste by mixing the oil with the garlic, thyme and 2 tablespoons Maille Horseradish Mustard and rub this all over the beef.
- Place parsnips and carrots in base of a roasting tin with beef placed on top. Roast in oven for 30 minutes.
- Turn the heat down to 170° C, 160 °C fan for 12 minutes per 500g for rare and 15 mins for medium.
- Remove the joint and vegetables from the roasting tin and place on a board or large plate to rest.
- Place the roasting tin on the hob, pouring off some of the fat but leaving 1-2 tablespoons. Add the flour and stir in. Cook for 2-3 mins and then gradually add 500ml water from cooking the vegetables with the stock cube. Bring this to the boil and add a splash of red or white wine if liked. Reduce the sauce to thicken, stir in remaining tablespoon of Maille Horseradish Mustard and serve with the beef joint and vegetables.
- Serve with creamy mashed potato made with the addition of 1-2 tablespoons Maille Horseradish Mustard to 500g potatoes.