Smoked salmon canapÃƒÂ©s are a Christmas classic for a reason Ã¢â‚¬â€œ they look pretty posh and taste just as fancy. Hix Restaurants’ Ronnie Murray makes the tried-n-tested combo tastier still.
Smoked salmon on soda bread with Castello Creamy White
- 10 slices soda or rye bread
- 200g Castello Creamy White
- 50ml double cream
- 10 slices smoked salmon
- 10 slices cucumber (pickled if preferred)
- Cracked black pepper
- Lightly toast the soda or rye bread, cut into bitesized pieces, and put aside.
- In a bowl, whip together the double cream and Castello Creamy White until light and glossy. Spread generously on the soda bread.
- Place a folded slice of smoked salmon on top, and scatter over some black pepper.
- Cut the cucumber into short Julienne strips. Lay across the top of the salmon and serve.