The Sea, The Sea Hackney, located deep under Haggerston’s railway arches, is set to launch its Seafood School this May, featuring a series of hands-on masterclasses at its Hackney site.
Aimed at giving consumers an insight into more unique and interesting seafood cooking with tips and techniques and species and the importance of zero-waste cooking.
The Sea, The Sea’s Seafood School will give the culinary confidence needed to use new techniques and be more adventurous with their seafood cooking at home. No skills or experience necessary, just a keen interest in cooking.
Launching 14th May, the Seafood School will run four themes, one per week, every Saturday:
- Nose-to-tail fish: Zero-waste cooking focused around West Country day-boat fish
- Raw Fish: Technique and method of curing, pickling, and preserving raw fish
- Shellfish: Preparation and cooking methods of the British shellfish
- Under-used species: Preparing and cooking of lesser-know gems from UK waters
Known for his unique approach and style of cooking, Executive Chef Leandro Carreira will oversee the Seafood School, alongside The Sea, The Sea’s fishmonger team.
Each masterclass includes:
- A welcome drink
- Tour of The Sea, The Sea’s state-of-the-art wholesale facility
- A fishmonger-led overview of how buy fish from fishmongers and markets
- A hands-on demo and practical preparation session focussed on the main theme of the week
- A cooking and plating demonstration
- 3 course lunch with wine
- Opportunity to buy fish at wholesale prices direct from the The Sea, The Sea Saturday Zero Waste Market
From 11am to 2pm, the weekly Saturday Seafood School will kick off with a welcome drink, a tour of the facility, and an introduction to The Sea, The Sea’s fish.
Moving through to the main masterclass event, guests will gather round the Chef’s Table for an introduction on the theme led by Executive Chef Leo Carreira and a hands-on demo before delving into lunch which guests will have prepared themselves, alongside Chef. The opportunity to buy wholesale priced fish to take home will also be available for those attending the event.
Priced at £100 per head, guests will have the option to buy one-off classes or purchase a bundle at a 15% discount.
Availability strictly limited – advance booking is essential, please follow the link HERE