600g New Zealand Lamb, diced
3 large shallots or 1 large onion
3 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
3 carrots, peeled and sliced
400g field mushrooms, sliced
1 litre lamb stock
3 tbsp soy sauce
2 tablespoons fresh herbs Ã¢â‚¬â€œe.g. rosemary, thyme and sage (or ¾ tablespoon of dried)
400g can of chickpeas beans, drained and rinsed
800g peeled celeriac, diced
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 spring onions, sliced
100g pumpkin seeds
1 tbsp olive oil
60g (drained weight) pitted olives, sliced1 large lemon, zested and juiced
a handful parsley, coarsely shredded
- Heat the butter in a large saucepan and sautÃƒÂ© the shallots and garlic until lightly browned
- Add the carrots and cook 3 minutes, then remove to a bowl.
- Add the lamb to the saucepan and brown the meat.
- Add the mushrooms, stock, soy sauce and herbs.
- Return the shallot mixture.
- Bring to the boil then simmer for 1 ½ hours, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the chickpeas and olives and cook another 30 minutes.
- Stir in the lemon zest and juice and parsley, then season.
- For the mash, steam or boil the celeriac until you can insert a knife through it and drain in a colander. Put the pan back on the heat with the butter, olive oil and spring onions and sautÃƒÂ© until sizzling. Return the celeriac and mash it, then season
- For the pumpkin seeds, sautÃƒÂ© over medium heat in the olive oil until they smell a little toasty
For more information about New Zealand Lamb go towww.loveourlamb.co.uk