If you’re entertaining outside, for the most tempting tender cuts, simply pop your marinated meat in your Crock Pot slow cooker, until soft and then grill the succulent meat on the BBQ for that authentic, crisp, smoky flavour.
5cm ginger, grated
50g bunch coriander, stalks and leaves separated
1 red onion, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tbsp light brown sugar
1 tbsp vegetable oil
4 beef short ribs
1 tbsp soy sauce
50ml oyster sauce
1 chicken stock cube
250 ml water
3 star anise
2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
Reserved coriander leaves
1 red onion thinly sliced
1 carrot grated
1 red chilli finely sliced
10 mint leaves, chopped
10 basil leaves, chopped
1 tbsp fish sauce
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 lime juiced
1 tsp honey
- Blend the ginger, coriander stalks, onion, garlic and sugar to form a paste.
- Heat the oil in the DuraCeramic bowl and fry the ribs until golden brown.
- Remove and fry the paste gently for 2 minutes.
- Add the ribs and the rest of the ingredients except the vinegar back to the DuraCeramic bowl.
- Put the lid down and cook on High for 4-6 hours or Low for 6-8 hours until the meat is tender.
- Remove the meat and simmer the sauce with a splash of the rice wine vinegar until slightly reduced.
- Mix the salad ingredients together and serve with the ribs and sauce.
4.5L Crock-Pot® DuraCeramic SautÃƒÂ© Slow Cooker
From stews to soups and much more in-between, the Duraceramic slow cooker is intuitive, versatile and hassle free, making cooking a lot easier.
Designed for maximum convenience, this state-of-the-art SautÃƒÂ© Slow Cooker is ideal for one-pot cooking and catering for large parties thanks to its 4.5-litre capacity, allowing you to cook for up to 4 people at once and to spend more time with guests.
Great for those who are busy or short on time, the Duraceramic can be set to’High’ for quick and quality results or can set be to’Low’ to leave it simmering throughout the day to produce food bursting with flavour for all the family.