Why not really spoil family and friends by using only the best ingredients for this year’s Christmas Pudding. Loseley Summer Meadow Butter, the naturally spreadable 100% pure butter with no additives, along with holly and berries to decorate, will see a festive staple tradition transformed into the perfect gift for Christmas guests.
150g Loseley Summer Meadow Butter
75g Icing sugar
Zest of 1 orange
2 Egg yolks
1 tsp Rum
250g Plain flour
For the filling
50g Preserved ginger
1 Apple grated
140g Loseley Summer Meadow Butter
70g light brown sugar
5 tbsp rum
For the Cumberland rum butter
225g Loseley Summer Meadow Butter
450g Light brown sugar
8 tbsp Rum
How to make Cumberland rum
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4. Beat together the butter, icing sugar, orange zest, egg yolks and rum. Fold in the plain flour. Wrap the pastry in cling film and place in the fridge for 30 minutes. When chilled, roll out the pastry and use it to line a pastry tin.
- In a bowl, combine the dates, sultanas, preserved ginger and grated apple. Place the mixture on top of the pastry. Beat the butter, sugar and rum together. Spread over the fruit filling.
- Cover with the remaining pastry, a lattice effect is recommended.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes Reduce heat to 160°C/gas mark 2 for approximately 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- To make the Cumberland rum butter, chop butter into small cubes and beat until soft. Gradually beat in the sugar until well combined. Then mix in rum, 2 tbsp at a time. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Loseley Summer Meadow Butter is packed in a 250g tub and available for £1.39p.
Loseley Chilled Foods are available from the chilled cabinet of local independent grocers, Morrisons and Waitrose. Visit www.loseley.com for more information.